- estate agent practising in Hong Kong must be licensed. But it is easy find one who is licensed
- the appointment can be made in a way of "single agency" (i.e., the agent represents only the buyer) and “dual agency” (i.e. the agent represents both the buyer and the vendor)
- estate agent will sign with you an estate agency agreement.
- before signing you should understand the various terms, including validity period of the Agreement (usually 3 months) and agreed commission paid by buyer and seller (usually 1% each BUT the amount or % is negotiable) and other special terms of the Buyer (if applicable)
- ask for a receipt upon paying a fee
YIP, TSE & TANG, Hong Kong Lawyer & notary. Divorce lawyer. conveyancing lawyer. marriage lawyer. marriage registration lawyer. litigation lawyer. criminal defence lawyer.Home FAQ on wills and legal requirements on making a will What is a Power of Attorney? FAQ & legal process on buying a property in Hong Kong HK Marriage registration by civil celebrants: marry by marriage lawyers for $1900 LAW OFFICE ADDRESSES in Hong Kong Notary Public 公證海外文件.合約.屋契 Wills, Succession Planning and Estates Enduring Power of Attorney : What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?